Javascript Menu by Deluxe-Menu.com
   
















Archbishop Michael presided at the Diocesan Cathedral's patronal feast of the Protection of the Holy Virgin on the weekend of 30 Sept - 1 Oct 2017. In conjunction with the liturgical observance, a new external marquee was dedicated. The 150 year-old building, built in 1867, was purchased by the “Metropolia," which became the OCA, in 1943 and was its Pro-Cathedral until 1982.  The new marquee was designed by Archimandrite Christopher (Calin) and crafted by Melinni Brothers in Florence, Italy.

 

The marquee was donated in memory of Olga Sawchuk Dorochovich by her family on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of her birth and the 4th anniversary of her repose. Olga was a faithful parishioner of the Cathedral, served as Church School coordinator, choir member and Secretary of the Parish Council for decades. A festive luncheon followed the dedication.

Cathedral of the Holy Virgin Protection - 10/01/17

(4 images)


Share This:



< PreviousNext >
You might also like:



UPCOMING EVENTS
On the Diocesan Calendar

 

November 21, 2018

Feast-Day of the

Entrance of the

Theotokos into

the Temple

 

December 3, 2018

Council of

Presbyters Meeting

Bronxville NY

 

December 10, 2018

Diocesan Council

       Meeting

Bronxville NY

11:00 a.m.

 

December 25, 2018

  Feast Day of the

  Nativity of Our

  Lord, God, and Savior

  Jesus Christ

 

Diocese of New York

and New Jersey
33 Hewitt Avenue
Bronxville NY 10708
914-779-6580 (Phone)
914-779-6581 (Fax)
info@nynjoca.org







 
Diocese of New York-New Jersey; 33 Hewitt Avenue; Bronxville, NY 10708; 914-779-6580

Powered by Orthodox Web Solutions